[ press Release ]
PRINT YELLOW PAGES SHOWN AS KEY RESOURCE AMONG ONLINE SHOPPERS
New Knowledge Networks research finds 62% of past-month Internet shoppers also referenced Print Yellow Pages in that month
Menlo Park, CA; April 7, 2008: Amid consumer fragmentation in business information search, new research from Knowledge Networks (KN) shows the value of the Yellow Pages print user to businesses, with nearly two-thirds of the adult U.S. population that shopped online in a given month also referencing Print Yellow Pages in the same period. Further, the demographics of this group are desirable to advertisers, with 48% between the ages of 18 and 44; 53% having incomes above $60,000; and 72% having at least some college education.
In fact, Print Yellow Pages (PYP) brings value to online businesses:
- Among past-month PYP users, 49% also shopped on the Internet in that same period.
- Past-month PYP users are 7% more likely to have used the Internet to shop in the past 30 days than the average adult.
- There is evidence, as well, that while consumers are embracing a wide range of sources, including Print Yellow Pages, in their broad search behaviors, there is complemetarity in their use of multiple platforms when looking for business information.
- Among mobile owners who went online and searched in the past month, 20% looked up the phone number and/or location of a business.
- About one-third of the adult population used both Internet and Print Yellow Pages in the past month to search for information on a store, business, or service – at home, at work, or elsewhere
- 60% of users of Print Yellow Pages also leverage a variety of other media to find business listings, including Yellow Pages-based sources on the Internet, mobile devices, and 411.
All of these data suggest new media opportunity access points for the Yellow Pages industry to interact with consumers.
The independent KN research – released as Jane Dennison Bauer and other key KN staff gather at the 2008 Yellow Pages Association Conference in Las Vegas – is in keeping with Knowledge Networks' leadership in bringing forth information that aids the Yellow Pages industry. KN is expert at quantifying where consumers turn to obtain business information, phone numbers, and service detail, as well as why, in a multiplatform, multitasking world.
The findings, obtained from 2,962 KnowledgePanel® respondents over the period November 2007 through February 2008, affirm the ongoing need for accurate information on cross media/technology use of YP resources.
Given the revelations from this research, Knowledge Networks is introducing a new service called Y Advantage Landscape 2008, which will help Yellow Pages marketers understand the business-information-seeking market among U.S. consumers 13+ years of age. The service will cover
- Use, behaviors, and attitudes across multiple platforms where consumers look for business/service information (Print Yellow Pages, Internet YP, mobile, 411, search engines, GPS, vertical sites, social networks)
- Motivations of usage
- Likes and dislikes
- Perceived benefits of usage
- Type of information sought
- Actions taken post look-up or search
- Attitudes toward search
- Appeal of specific platforms
- Drivers of use
- Full array of demographics
The breakthrough service, which will also include a subsample of the Hispanic population, is expected to be released this Spring, with client subscriptions now available by contacting Tom Maguire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knowledge Networks specializes in solving complex, high-impact problems, providing extraordinary quality and service to leaders in business, government and academia. We work closely with clients to create healthy consumer-brand connections, effective marketing and advertising, sound public policies, and accurate social science research. We have established respected practices in media, marketing, advertising, and government & academic studies. KN excels in study design, analytics, and custom panel creation; we deliver affordable, statistically valid online research through KnowledgePanel® – the only available probability selected, nationally representative Internet panel.