Interviewing: Each week, we field KN/QuickView to a nationally representative sample for obtaining interviews with 1,000 adults (60-70% completion rate). Interviews will be conducted via KnowledgePanel® the only probability sampled nationally representative online Consumer Panel. Clients share the fixed costs, but each receives their own data file and tables.
Schedule: Questions must be received by Tuesday of each week by 5pm PST and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Surveys will be fielded on Thursday; the survey field period is from Thursday through Tuesday. (The length of the data collection period is purposefully set to increase the response rates and quality of the data.) Clients receive their data by email on Wednesday (i.e., 8 days after submission of the questionnaire).
Deliverables: Clients will receive a) SPSS or SAS survey data file; b) statistical weights c) codebook, and d) demographic data
Demographics: Demographic and other information available about Knowledge Networks panelists includes (but is not limited to):
- Educational obtainment
- Household income
- Race & Hispanic ethnicity
- Employment status
- Marital status
- Household size
- Census Region
Questionnaire requirements: Please keep the following in mind when preparing KN/QuickView questionnaires.
- Questionnaires should be no longer than 20 simple questions per module. Instruments that are a much larger than 20 questions or have complex and long questions are best handled as custom projects.
- Questionnaires are to be delivered electronically in Word with any simple skip patterns, and programming instructions clearly specified. Here are examples of typical questionnaire items (Adobe PDF).
- Questionnaires must not include any questions about demographics; these data are provided by KN. Click here to learn more about our standard demographic information (Adobe PDF).
- Please include in the questionnaire: complete project name, organization name, and the contact information for the principle researcher who can answer any questions we might have about the instrument.
Submit a KN/QuickView™ survey (Word Document)