[ Advertising & Marketing Effectiveness ]
The growth of new media demands innovative and reliable ways to measure the return on marketing spend. Traditional marketing elements now share budget dollars with mobile phone apps and online display ads. Whatever the elements of your advertising and marketing campaigns, Knowledge Networks can help you find the right measurement approach to understand two key ROI metrics: changes in attitude, and changes in behavior.
KN provides a flexible platform for measuring the brand effects of online display or video ads (KN Dimestore); and we can use both behavioral and panel-based survey data to create larger measurement programs that cover a host of marketing elements.
Digital ad effectiveness with real-time reporting
Our KN Dimestore division provides an industry-leading platform for measuring the brand effects (awareness, favorability, intent to purchase) generated by online display or video advertising. The KN Dimestore method combines affordability, real-time reporting (allowing you to make in-flight changes to your campaign), and high respondent engagement. KN Dimestore technology provides advertisers, agencies, and publishers with on-demand, directional results.
Return on marketing investment for cross-media campaigns
For ad campaigns that incorporate digital and traditional media, KN provides an innovative approach to identifying the return on marketing investment (ROMI) generated by each of many media in a campaign that may span mobile Internet, television , print, and more. KN's method yields a highly delineated understanding of how individual media impact key brand metrics.
For marketing efforts that combine a broader array of activities – price, promotion, advertising, and others – Knowledge Networks uses Marketing Mix Modeling to identify the incremental brand sales from each element. We provide actionable recommendations that enable our clients to better allocate spending and increase their return.
Using Marketing Mix, we can address
- estimation of volume contribution due to each marketing component
- change in each component's effectiveness from year to year
- ROI for each element in the marketing plan
Leveraging the National Shopper Lab (NSL), we can create a customized database consisting of two to three years of historical data that includes marketing information and market- or account-level syndicated scanner data. The result is actionable guidance for achieving a higher return on your total marketing program.
Knowledge Networks tailors measurement frameworks that reflect the medium, the type of marketing stimuli and the audience targeted by our clients. We go beyond typical ad recall or brand tracking formulas to design sophisticated survey-based frameworks that can detect the effects of marketing spending, even at regional and local levels. Our design know-how and analytical rigor is matched by an understanding of the marketing challenges faced by our clients.
Our approaches incorporate some or all of the following:
- Pre/post and test/control designs that isolate the effects of marketing initiatives (e.g., a multi-media campaign, product placement or sponsorship)
- Advanced analytics to parse out selection effects that can contaminate test and control designs
- Cross-platform evaluations that can identify the effects of each campaign element and combination of elements to inform future campaign design
- Ad effectiveness metrics that go beyond simple recall of the ad/creative element to measure the degree to which the brand needle is moved
- Product and brand-based metrics to gauge awareness, trial and usage in addition to campaign exposure and ad recall metrics
Featured Insights: Digital Ad Effectiveness
- The Big Game: New interclick Report With Research by KN Dimestore
- Online Diaries Illuminate Motives, Product Use Online Diaries Illuminate the "Why's" Behind Consumer Choices
- Strong Trade Support Proves Key to Year 2 Success; Marketing Mix Needs to Vary by Category
- Coupons Span the Digital Domain: Coupons.com Redefines Promotion for the Digital Marketplace
- The "On-Demand" Future of Media Buying and Planning
Interview with Anthony Katsur, MediaMath
- What Does 'Engagement' Do? - Behavioral Insider on SAY Media/KN Dimestore
- SAY Media Partners with KN Dimestore to Measure Impact of Ad Engagement on Brand Metrics
- VIDEO: SAY Media's Matt Rosenberg Discusses New Research with KN Dimestore
- Online Brand Optimization: Metrics that Matter and How to Use Them to Effectively Change Outcomes, June 2010 White Paper: Lotame/AdWeek
- KN Dimestore Expanding U.S. Salesforce on Both Coasts, 09/01/10
- The Click-Through That May Be Hurting Your Brand – Advertising Age, 06/21/10
- [x+1], KN Dimestore Partner to Boost Online Ad Effectiveness – BusinessWire, 04/16/10
- Real-time Brand Metrics for Online Ads
AdExchanger interview with Florian Kahlert, Knowledge Networks
- Measuring the Digital World
Interview with Jason Levin, Carat
- KN Dimestore First to Enable Online Ad Surveys as Part of Streaming Video
- KN Dimestore First to Provide Real-Time Ad Effectiveness Research to Enhance Online Ad Targeting and Campaign Optimization
Featured Insights: Marketing Mix
- The Next Generation of Marketing Mix: Making New Connections between Targeting and Behavior
By Neal Heffernan